Rusty Blue















6"x4" oil on raymar panel. After spending this last weekend
in the jungles of Beverly Hills, I needed a throw down. You know, just throw the subject down and paint it. Well, I found out two things about scissors as throw down subjects. One: You can't just throw them down and expect the composition to work, you almost always need to modify their position. Two: Scissors are dangerous if you throw them down. After bandaging myself up, I noticed the beautiful foreshortening challenge they imposed and just went for it. It is easy to see why Diebenkorn painted them.
Posted October 21, 2009
sold • private collection beverly hills, ca
BIG BEVERLY HILLS
ART SHOW NEWS!

The judges at the Beverly Hills Affaire in the Gardens Art Show honored me with the first place blue ribbon for painting! Seeing as how painters are by far the largest group in the show, at around 74, it was a great honor. At least that is what my friend Sean Finocchio, winner of the esteemed white ribbon in new media, told me. His booth turned out to be closer to mine than I thought, which was great. I was also lucky to have Pat Bailey as a neighbor. His work is great and he had funny stories to tell. And I do appreciate a good funny story.
 
Sign Up!