Seven Sister #1


4"x6" oil on board. The peak you see in the far background is one of the Seven Sisters, a chain of hills starting in San Luis Obisbo (SLO) and running up to Morro Bay. At least I think it is one of them, you see, I have never been able to identify all seven mounds. I have set out several times with a conviction to identify them from the car, but I always seem to get distracted by something shiny or an escaped convict running across the road in a bright orange jumpsuit. The prison facility located above SLO used to be called the Men's Penal Colony, but they changed it to California Men's Colony. They took the "Penal" out of the title because it made the simple citizens of SLO giggle in their beer. Now it just sounds like some form of unisex spa. I have no idea what any of this has to do with painting, but there you have it. Oh, I painted three of the seven hillocks, so you will have to suffer with two more. Oh look, something shiny...
Posted September 3, 2009
private collection glendale, ca
 
Sign Up!